Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas

Since we're so close to Baby Sister's arrival, we were stuck here in Utah for Christmas. It was our first time having Christmas with just our little family and it was a lot of fun. I was worried it wouldn't be the same and that I wouldn't enjoy Christmas as much with just us. But it was one of my favorites. 
On Christmas Eve, we made cookies for Santa and then watched "Home Alone". Reed was so happy! Then Evan got to open his Christmas Eve presents-new PJs from my Johansson grandparents and an audio book from his Grandma and Grandpa Johansson. He loves listening to Grandma and Grandpa Jo read him the story! 

We woke Evan up just before 8 on Christmas morning to come check to see if Santa had come. Sure enough, he did! Evan thought it was pretty cool to see that Santa had eaten the cookies and the reindeer ate the carrots! He got to check out his new stuff from Santa and we "opened" our stockings before Evan got to wear his new tie to church.


I didn't think I'd like having Christmas on a Sunday, but I actually loved it. I didn't like changing out of our PJs so much, but I did love the chance to take a break and focus on the real meaning of Christmas, our Savior. I'm sure my younger self wouldn't have felt that way though.
We came back and tackled the gifts under the tree! Evan made Christmas so fun this year. He loved everything about it (but was still able to sleep the night before!), especially Baby Jesus and the rest of the nativity crew. We are so thankful for that special baby and the impact He has had on all of our lives. 

Speaking of special babies, stayed tuned-we're scheduled to be induced this Friday! We're so excited!

2 comments:

mommaj said...

That may be the best tie of all time! Cute pictures of the big guy--glad he likes the books. Can't wait for Friday!

Kristi said...

Love the tie! He's so handsome! Glad it was such a great Christmas